Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer's ups and downs

Well, summer is well on its way.  We were out of school in mid-May, and although I teach 2 online courses, this is really a chance to take it easy a little bit. 

Some highlights so far: 
1.  Caitlin graduated with her MBA!  (It was nice at the graduation because Thomasene, my sister, and her husband Dallas were able to attend.) Caitlin did very well and is looking for a full time job.  It is nice having her her in the meantime, however. 
2.  Jennifer visited Dominican.  She wants to ge her MSW in an international program.  She wants to visit Monmouth as well.
3.  Played Bedford Springs Country Club.  WHat a difficult course, but a great experience.  Even though I started pretty lousy, I came in strong and ended my round at this tough course with a 92.  Being with Kevin and Jimmy made the day really great and it was fun finally playing with Larry Taylor.
4.  Fixed the yard up with Deb.  It looks really nice.

Some Lowlights:
1.  Most of April and May have been very wet and miserable,  leaving limited golf time.
2.  This past week, I developed gout in my left knee.  The pain has been pretty dfficult.

What to look forward to:
1.  I'm going to the U.S. Open this week with Jimmy and his boy.  During the week Lening will join us for a while and Pete is coming down for 2 days.  On the weekend Caitlin is going to be there.
2.  I will spend at least 2 weeks in Florida.  We have the beach condo and then may go to a smaller place up the coast for a few days.

So the summer should be pretty good.  I will post again soon with updates about the Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment