Sunday, January 2, 2011

Football in the States

After all the months with no American football, I find that I have been almost overdosing on bowl games and Steeler football.  Although I really enjoyed our opportunity to watch European Rugby, I understand American football much better.  I still have my Albi Sports Club rugby shirt and flag, but have been more often wearing my WVU and Steeler stuff. 
I have been asking people if they thought Rugby could make it as a sport here and they all seem to believe that it is a bit too hard to understand and not as exciting as American football.  I'm not sure that's necessarily true, but there must be a reason that it has never made in-roads into American culture.
I am excited for the Steelers making the playoffs, which means my interest will continue to be at its peak level for at least 2 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment