Tuesday, September 21, 2010

French Class

We had our first formal French class today.  I am convinced that I will never learn the language, but it will be fun trying to learn.  Our French professor, Marie, speaks nothing but French to us.  For me this is a problem, because I instictively look to others for help and they look as puzzled as I do.  The person I was depending on for help, Dr. Woods, was corrected several times in class ( and she is from Canada) so what hope do I have.  It was so bad at one point that the professor had me hold her throat and mine so I could feel what the sound felt like, so I could pronounce it.  And don't get me wrong, it was not even a word, it was the letter R.  I mean come on, he want me to speak in phrases and i can't speak the letter R.  It seems fitting to some extent because I couldn't say my Rs in grade school and was put in speech class.  I guess the more things change the more they remain the same.
Deb, my lovely wife, wouldn't even let me cheat in class from her notes!  WHat's the use of being married if you can't cheat.  Wait, that doesn't sound like what I wanted to say.  Anyway, here is a picture of our French teacher after we gave her lunch and bribed her with ice cream.  I hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment