Monday, September 27, 2010

Working out

We have an exercise room.  I have been going down lately to work out and have been very upset.  I honestly felt I had been losing my strength since coming here.  I regularly work out with about 80 lbs on free weights, so I put the weight on the bar and tried to lift it.  I couldn't believe the straining I was doing.  I reduced it after a while to 70, but it still seemed like too much.  I reduced again, and finally at 50, I felt like I could at least do a little, but what a strain.  Finally, I gave up, put the weights on at 40 and was able to actual do a normal work out.  But I thought "how did I lose so much strength?" 

As I was bench pressing I looked more closely at the weights at the end of the bar.  Instead of lbs.  there were the letters kgs.  I thought that maybe kgs were more than lbs so I went on the internet and discovered that the conversion was 1kg=2.2 lbs.  No wonder I couldn't budge 80 kgs, that would be 176 lbs.  No wonder I am so sore.  And at 40kgs, I'm actually doing more than I normally do.

The weight machine is in lbs.  You can do a number of different exercises on it.

The exercise room is coming along and I am going to try to get it cleaned up and maybe add a thing or 2 to it.  It is in a great space that allows for all sorts of individual and I assume, group exercise (I am the only one I know that uses it in our group, though we just may not be crossing paths).

Another exercise I have been trying to do is a run and walk.  Its great because I never have to go alone, JayZ and Brune are always happy to join me.  Brune goes about half way and stops to rest, JayZ runs ahead and looks back impatiently at me while I catch my breath.

I am determined to not gain weight or get out of shape in spite of the great food.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment