Monday, September 20, 2010

My first day of teaching

I have several classes I am doing in Ambialet.  Intro to Women and Society, International Social Work and a directed reading on Death and Dying.  I find that the students here seemed very focused and genuinely excited by the material. 

Of course, I was disappointed when I lost out to a potato chip.  Here's what happened.  A student (Kierstin(?)) indicated she was interested in auditing the Intro to Women and Society class.  Since I had only a couple students, I was happy to have her sit in.  Then our fearless leader, John came in and said "I'm taking a car to Albi, to the grocery store, is any one interested in going?"  Deb and I thought that Deb could go and pick some things up, particularly some junk food.  When I mentioned potato chips to Deb, Kierstin's eyes lit up and she stated that maybe she wouldn't be sitting in today, and joined my wife and John on the trip.  To be honest, I may have chosen the opportunity to get chips over class as well.

By the way, here's the view from our window.  Not bad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment