Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Ghost of Le Prieure

We've been having quite a few interesting evenings with students and some staff reporting strange events.  People have been hearing steps around 4 in the morning, and yet the lights (which are on a motion sensor) do not go on.  this has occurred many nights.  I, of course, do not believe in ghosts, and think it is just the vivid imagination of a group of people staying in a building that is over 1000 years old. 

I think that much of what is happening is due to the students imagination.  One incident occurred when Shane heard a voice speaking in the middle of the night.  He seemed to think there was a ghost, meanwhile Melanie, another student had been trying to talk to something she imagined there.  That's the voice that Shane heard.  The night before that Ed was walking down to the old dark arc room and when he retruned his footsteps woke many people up.  No, not a ghost, just Ed. 

Saturday night, everyone but Deb and I went to a villiage fete.  This is a party with lots of food.  Since Deb was still sick, I stayed back with her and we had a chicken, rice and some salad for supper.  As we sat eating, we kept hearing a banging door.  We'd run and check, and there would be no one there.  Occasionally the dogs would bark.  As we discussed the "ghost" making door slam, it occurred to us that we may have left our door open.  Low and behold, that was the case, no ghost, just me being born in a barn.

With Hallowen approaching, I believe we will have increasing ghostly tales.  Stay tuned as I debunk each concern.  Or, see my own vision of a ghost.  LOL

The more I hear of there stories, the funnier I think people are when they are in strange surroundings.  So as we are now a month or so from Halloween, I'm sure we will have more and more ghost stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment