Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Golf in France Part 2

I had a chance to go back to Golf d' Albi today with Tim.  What a nice course.  We played at 8:40 and were again the only ones on the course.  Before playing we putted for about 10 minutes.  I made 2 extremely long putts in a row on the practice green.  This is a sign, of course, of impending doom.  In fact I holed many putts on the practice green.  As you may have probably guessed, these were the last long putts I made all day.  In fact I missed a whole lot of short ones.  Being a calm and patient golfer like I am, I of course didn't let this frazzle me in regards to the rest of my game(LOL). 
We had one very interesting hole, and Tim and I both parred it.  It is a par 4, 372 meter hole with water on the right and sand on the left.  I hit my drive right and hit my second shot onto the green, 2 putted and had a par.  Tim hit his ball far left.  He then proceded to hit his second shot right, heading towards the lake.  The ball went past the red stakes, hit some rocks, bounced back left, and landed on the green.  Tim looked very disgusted as he took his club back to the bag and then approached the lake.  "What are you looking for?" I said.  He gives me this look like, "You know darn well what I'm looking for", but he didn't say anything.  I said that it was an amazing shot, and pointed to the green.  When we looked at the lake, we still coldn't fignure out what rock it could have hit to bounce out and over the lip of the lake.  But there it was, on the green.  Tim proceded to 2 putt and made his par as well.  He then started to act like he tried the shot, and I reminded him that he didn't even know that he hadn't landed in the water.  Tim played well today, around the mid 80s.  I would say my score but my calculator doesn't go beyond 6 digits.  Actually, it was probably mid 90s or worse.  I know to never make putts on the practice green before going out!

The two pictures are of the old duffer (me) and of the pro shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment