Friday, October 15, 2010

The Venice Trip

Once again we traveled out of France.  This time, my daughter Jenn, Deb and I flew to Venice for a long weekend.  It will be very expensive for just 3 days, but we just wanted to try to go there.  It is without a doubt the most beautiful city I have ever seen.  But, as usual, I made my fair share of mistakes.

First was renting a car.  If you know anything about Venice, it is made of a bunch of islands.  I actually booked a hotel on what's called the Lido, which is an island away from Venice.  I have to take a car ferry to Venice to go there and the is no place to park anyway.  So we park the car and take a water bus to the island.

The hotel is still in the Venice "hot" season, which means no heat is available for room.  Unfortuntely the weather man didn't remember and the temperature today was in the upper 50s only and it will be worse tomorrow.

Another mistake, which acctually lead to us renting a car, was booking a flight out of Verona.  Orbitz had it listed as a "close' airport, when in fact it is 75 miles away.  A taxi would have cost 380 euros, so a car rental was atually cheaper.

I also got lost twice coming to the Lido.  First, I couldn't find the ferry, so I drove all around Venice to find it.  Once we got to Lido, we spent over 1.5 hours looking for our hotel, which is about 2 miles from the dock!  The directions were terrible.  So we didn't get in until after midnight.

I have also caught a horrendous cold, probably related to the soaking I took going to the Dali museum in Spain.  If you have ridden in a plane with a head cold, you know that it isn't what most people consider pleasurable.  I'm coughing all the time and really don't feel well.  But I'll get better soon.  Have to be ready for Paris in a week!

I hope to put some of the great pictures of Venice on the blog soon.  Be looking for them.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Tabbitha, and I am a part of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team in Chicago. I saw your review and would like to see if I can assist you. Can you please email your record locator to me and I will review and respond back to you. Our email address is customerrelations@orbitz.com. Please place the email to my attention.

    Sincerely,

    Tabbitha
    Orbitz Customer Relations
    Chicago, IL

    ReplyDelete