Monday, October 11, 2010

The Students

One of the blessings we've had on this trip is the students that have made the trip with us.  They are an eclectic group of students that really appear to get along.  They seem genuine in their concern for their fellow students.  They also enjoy interacting with each other, and watch each others back.  In the picture below, Gabe is absent.  In fact, I have no picture that has him in it.  I'll have to fix that.  From right to left, Ed, Melanie, Shane, Kirsten, Rebecca, Lauren, Lori Woods and me.

During the recent trip to Barcelona, I was able to watch the different personalities emerge in a strange situation.  As I have mentioned, we saw some naked men near the statue of Christopher Columbus.  We had a number of students, in fact everyone but Ed was there.  I guess he had some gasrointestinal distress from something he had eaten.  We were after all, in Spain, and they have quite a few exotic dishes.The reactions were kind of fun to watch.  Gabe was indifferent and ruing the fact that he had missed the naked women earlier.  Melanie was embarassed and would not look in the direction of the men. She didn't think they were very classy (well, duh!). Lauren tried to talk me into taking a picture of her and the man, which I believe Becca said she would. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) the man moved before we could cross the street for a picture.  Kirsten, I believe, did take a picture, but that didn't really mean much, she takes a picture of everything.  I'm not sure what Shane was doing at the time.
eac and every student, at one time, has offered or actually helped my wife or I.  Deb's knees are pretty bad, and so she is often a bit slow on walks.  I think that most of the students have stayed back with her one time or another to keep her company.  Like I mentioned, they are nice students.
Oh by the way, here's a picture of the group with Gabe!

No comments:

Post a Comment