Friday, October 22, 2010

Packing for Paris

We'll be leaving for Paris by train tomorrow morning, we were told the trains are running.  I have been having some difficulty determining what to take.  Aer Lingus, the airline we are traveling to Ireland on, limits the weight to 44 lbs.  But the clothes and materials I have will far excede that amount.  I did realize that we will be leaving cars in Paris, and therefore plan to leave some excess things there, while I fly to Ireland.  The trip to Paris will last a week, to Ireland 9 days and then 2 more days to drive back to Ambialet with a stop or two.  It will all be pretty exciting, but very taxing.

We drove Jenn to the airport today so she could visit a friend in Germany.  She will return to Paris Sunday by plane. It will be difficult getting her, but we will find a way.

I hope to take quite a few pictures in Paris and Ireland and will share them when I do.  I have wanted to visit Ireland since my Grandfather spoke about it when I was a child.  I plan to golf there, no matter the weather.  And it doesn't look promising.  But as my buddy Jim will attest, I have a canny optimism about weather that should serve me well there.

No comments:

Post a Comment