Monday, October 18, 2010

Some pictures as promised

I have some of the pictures of venice, but will start with 2 of the food.  The first is of a restaurant that served seafood.  the second is me and my pizza at the local pub.

The pizza had mushrooms, artichoke, ham and olives and was super.  Jenn felt it tasted quite a bit like Capri pizza back in the states.  We didn't try the squid, fish, lobster, crabs or other assorted seafoods shown in the first picture.  The cost was pretty steep, but the picture was neat, I thought.

Now for some more pictures.

San Marcos Plaza its famous for its beautiful architecture, cathedral and shops. 
Here is the Cathedral of San Marcos.  It is so huge you cannot possible get it all in one frame.

Here's Jenn in front of the Cathedral.  I have no idea who the rest of the people are.

Another building in San Marcos Plaza.

Deb and Jenn in front of the Gondolas and Water buses at San Marcos Plaza Pier.

This is a pictue of the Rialto Bridge.  Deb says its famous for some reason, but I'm not sure why.
This was a small chapel by the Rialto Bridge.  We walked in as the people were saying rosary.  The chapel had a donation bin asking for .50 Euros for coming in.  I only had .40 Euros and put it in, but still feel guilty about the last .10 Euros.
A view from the canal as we floated through.  First some interesting buildings and then the tall ship Amerigo Vaspuccio. 

In the background is one of the huge cruise ships we saw in the canal.  In the background you can see the tall ship as well.  That's me in my Steeler sweatshirt in front.  It was a very cold day in Venice, but that didn't dim our enthusiasm.
Another thing there were a great deal of were stores that sold hand painted masks.  The were amazing.

Last, but not least, our rental car which Hertz is ripping me of $101 for no fuel.  I loved the car, hate Hertz! Here is the car getting a ride on the ferry.  The car reminds me of my old Festiva.  Its a Fiat panda.  Wouldn't mind having one.
As I mentioned, the pictures will never do the city justice.  It was really spectacular.  But I hope you enjoy them.  One of the best things about being in Ambialet is the opportunity we have for traveling.  The students went to London, John went to Paris, and all is well with the world, sort of.


No comments:

Post a Comment