Friday, November 19, 2010

Passing time

Our time in France is starting to wind down.  John and I went into to town to get some more weights for the exercise room.  It was at a store called Go Sport.  While there I decided to get afew more pairs of socks, and started to talk to a very nice worker at the store about the socks.  She said she only spoke a little English, and that she was much better at Spanish.  That really didn't help, and I actually thought she did a pretty good job with English.  John was able to find an excellent deal on a coat, but when I tried to take the same coat without a price tag on it, they attempted to charge me much more.  Because I couldn't explain the situation, I just decided to take the coat back.  I also noticed that the fleece sweaters that were so popular in the U.S. a few years ago are very popular here now and go for top dollar, eh, euro.

We then went next door and found some Christmas lights and some inexpensive skin lotion.  I also found a manger scene, so we can at least decorate for the holidays while we are here.  Since Melanie still wants to make a wine bottle Christmas tree, we went to the hardware store for materials in the afternoon.  After an extensive search we found some things that "may" work for the Christmas tree.  I will say that we all did our very best at each dinner to "contribute" to the wine bottle collection.  Each empty bottle was set side for the project.  If the tree works out, I'll be sure to take a picture and place it here.

Tomorrow, several of us are traveling to Toulouse to just get away for a day.  It is the closest larger city, and I look forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment