Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My New Work Out Buddies

As some of you may know, we have two kittens (closer to cats now) at the Le Prieure.  They stay down the steps by Tim's apartment.  Also down in this area is the weight room I go to for working out.  For the last 5 times I have gone to the weight room, one or both cats have joined me.   The cat that has been with me most of the time has been the white and grey cat from the picture above, who is sitting casually as Jay-Z stares at him.  Maybe working out with me has made him braver or, more likely, less bright.

The cats are interesting in the weight room, because when they first went, they just liked to run in it and explore.  More recently they have taken to trying participate with me while I lifted.  The white cat, particularly loves to jump on my lap and sit while I am using the overhead weights on the one appartus.  He has recently started to "fluff" my lap while I lift.  This of course is a no-no that has lead to several unconfortable scratches,  He also likes to jump on me when I use the hand weights, and move under me while I do rows and sit-up combinations. Last week was almost  his last on nearth as he decided that he wanted to "explore" the weights while I had them in an up position on the machine.  I kicked, yelled and did wvwrything I could to get him to take his head out from under the 90 pounds of weights I was working with for the exercise.
The grey cat is a bit more shy, but when the white and grey cat jumps on my lap, the grey cat often jumps up and starts wrestling with him.  Now I don't have a huge lap, so as one pushes the other, and the cat silps, they try to grab onto whatever is handy, again, that is my lap.  More scratches where scratches shouldn't be!
I need to stop calling the cats grey and white and grey, and instead name them, at least for myself.  The grey cat is for evermore named Bashful, and the white and grey, due to its bravery and calmness around Jay-Z and its smooth manner in doing exercises with me will for now on be called Cool by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment