Friday, December 10, 2010

Getting packed and one last exercise time

As you can imagine, we have more to bring home than we brought here.  We are trying to be very careful not to exceed the weight limit of the suitcases for the airlines.  Due to books I needed to have here for my classes, I have had to buy a small suitcase to bring them back.  I also have some clothes and very few purchases from here.  I have not been able to but souvenirs for those back home because the weight limit will be exceeded.
So what does it mean to exceed the weight limit.  It is 23 kg (a little over 50 lbs) and cost 100 euros if you go over.  That is $132.55 at the current exchange rate!  I guess the airline doesn't want to support the French economy, because no one can easily afford the costs of bringing souvenirs back.
The weather continues to be beautiful and this is supposed to hold up until we leave tomorrow.  Although chillier than the past few days, the sun is shining.
I had the chance to exercise today one last time.  The cats didn't follow me in and by the time I was done, I had noticed that Cool was looking through the window at me.  I did have a 'guest' for the last time lifting, however.  As I was pressing from the bench, I thought a shadow went over me briefly.  Thinking nithing of it I continued to the sit-up part of the exercises.  As I came up for my 230th sit-up, (okay, actually my 30th, just wanted to see if you were paying attention), a bird came flying right at my head.  It landed on the bench by the wall. looked at me, and almost defiantly flew back at me.  I thought, of all the times that Cool or Bashful hadn't joined me.  I got up to chase the bird, and it flew over to a window.  I couldn't figure how it had gotten in, until I noticed the window was opened partially.  As I approached it, the bird flew out.

No comments:

Post a Comment