Thursday, December 9, 2010

Irish pub, in Albi, France

First, let me say that things are getting a bit crazy here, the stress of finishing up and leaving seems to be getting to everyone.  Here is a picture of Kirsten trying to put a can of whipped cream in Melanie's mouth.  Why, I am still not sure.

Studious, serious college students at their finest!
Several students, Melanie, Lauren Kirsten, Gabe, and I went to the Irish Pub in Albi.  It was a great night.  We first walked around the city of Albi, and they had some very nice decorations up.  Actually more than the last time we were there.  I took some Flip video of the decorations, but can't figure out how to download them to here.

Some Decorations in Albi

The Irish Pub in Albi
At the pub, they were having a kareoke night.  Unlike American kareoke where the music is played on a cd, the music here was played by a young guitar player.  He was very good.  We had come to the bar, hoping to have some fun.  We started the fun with a pint of Grunberger de Noel, a Christmas beer.  It was pretty good.  After we looked at the song book, we started to coax, actually coerce, our one very good singer, Kirsten, to go up and sing.  I used every trick I knew, including reverse psychology, which she caught on to very fast, and finally and a little of the Grunberger, went up to sing.  She was amazing!  Her voice is very special.
After, we sang along to a good deal of Beatle songs. It was a nice evening all in all.  I hope to figure out to get the photos and video somewhere on the site.  I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment