Monday, December 20, 2010

Shopping in the States

Since I was starting late, I have spent the past several days feverishly shopping to try to catch up on gift buying.  I have been at the mall more than I've been at home, in spite of a cold and some other sundry illnesses. 
One of the problems with shopping this year is that I haven't had time to bug people about what they want.  Being in France, I couldn't call my family members, nor talk to friends.  Now it is one call after another with no real results, and a very limited list.  So I take to the mall like a scavenger, looking for who knows what.

At the mall, people are of many different dispositions.  While waiting to have something wrapped, I observed a husband yell and his wife for taking so long to have things wrapped.  Like she could somehow have moved ahead of the other 20 people there waiting for wrapping!  And there was the three young mrn that for a while took seats that were supposed to be used for those waiting to have things wrapped.  When I got to the area there were 2 older women standing with there packages, while these clowns just sat there, not even waiting for things to be wrapped.  I "suggested" they give their seats up to the 2 women.  Of course there were also those that were in the true spirit of Christmas.  Many people gave up seats to others, or even let others go ahead of them!  I saw one person help an older man carry his packges to somewhere, giving his place up in line.  When he returned, I gave him my turn, and was them told to go ahead of others.   I also met a dear old friend there today and we talked about the good old days.  She was excited to here that I had been to France!
I do think of France often.  I miss the kids and the animals, not necessarily in that order.  I still have to take pictures of the lights to put on here, maybe I'll get that tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment