Thursday, December 2, 2010

Albi Rugby and Cool Cat

I don't want any confusion here.  The title does not mean that Cool Cat has joined the rugby team.  It refers to the 2 topics I'm discussing today.
A number of students had indicated earlier in the week that they were interested in going to the Rugby match between Albi and Auch.  Auch is 2 hours away and there is a bus for fans.  The total cost is 27 Euros for the bus and stadium ticket.  I think that the cost must have been a terrible deterrent because we went from 8 of us, to myself being the only person interested.  I am disappointed but do understand.

Deb and I were able to get an Albi Sporting Club flag and I bought a t-shirt.  If we can't go to the match, I am hoping to watch it online or at the local pub.  I'll let you know what happens.

When I went to lift weights, Jay-Z, as often happens, followed me down the stairs to the locked gate.  The gate prevents Jay-Z from having the cats as snacks.  The gate is connected to a cement wall.  Cool, the cat saw me closing the gate and jumped up to the top of the gate, easily within biting distance of Jay-Z.  Jay-Z took this quick snap at Cool's head, and Cool barely moved quickly enough not to be caught in the jaws of the Jay-Z.  And then Cool sat on the top of the wall.  He didn't move or run, but more or less looked at Jay-Z wit one of those, "You Ain't So Tough" kind of looks.  I believe that Cool is aptly named.

Both Cool and Bashful once again joined me while I was lifting.  They get in the way, but are still fun to have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment